- Nelson Mandela: An Appreciation
- Nelson Mandela’s Life in Pictures
- Sharks Return to Birthplace to Give Birth
- Valley Girl Speak Deconstructed
- Car Fires—Not Just for EVs
- Poison Dropped From Sky to Kill Pests
- How Scientists Rescue Stranded Whales
We Need Your Feedback!
National Geographic Magazine
South Africa struggles with the legacy of apartheid.
The Fastest Man Alive Runs a Virtual Race Against a Cheetah
Four spirited writers on the new, odd, and awesome.
Electric brain stimulation triggers an "Eye of the Tiger" effect in patients. By Ed Yong.
Scientists extracted 400,000-year-old DNA from a human fossil. By Carl Zimmer.
Several also lost their stomach genes. By Ed Yong.
A newly discovered organ helps koalas bellow at the pitch of an elephant. By Ed Yong.
Make a difference. Your purchases help support the National Geographic mission.
Shop book & DVD gifts for all ages. Plus, save on maps featuring award-winning cartography. Limited time only.
Shop our collection of beautiful, handmade gifts from around the world. Find something for everyone.
From Nat Geo Instagram Feed
News Watch Blog
- For Delicious, Healthy, and Sustainable Seafood, Think Inside the Can
- Elephant Foster Mom: A Conversation with Daphne Sheldrick
- Nelson Mandela and the Power of Forgiveness
- “Wings Of Freedom”: Tribute To Nelson Mandela
- Inspired By Nature: Build Up 2012 Expedition…
- DNA From Ancient Site in Spain Reshapes Human Family Tree
- Do Vape Pens Trick Teens?
- Report Warns of Sudden Climate Change Impacts
- Docent Corps: The LA Zoo’s Conduit for Teaching Natural History and Conservation Education
- Young Crusader Declan Gregg Advocates for America’s Horses on Behalf of Children 4 Horses