Bad Hurricane Season Almost Certain
"There Are No Mitigating Factors That Could Suppress Activity"
Video of the Day: How Everest Tourism Changed the Sherpas
Four spirited writers on the new, odd, and awesome.
DNA findings may help save these mutants—but is that a good idea? By Ed Yong.
Don't worry—they're the good guys. By Carl Zimmer.
Remembering weakens memories. By Ed Yong.
Ants help acacias and get perks only they can use. By Ed Yong.
Make a difference. Your purchases help support the National Geographic mission.
Our new DNA test offers you the richest view of your genetic heritage available!
Explore our unique collection of beautiful, handmade objects from around the world. Plus, National Geographic DVDs, books, maps, and more.
Connect With Nat Geo
News Watch Blog
- A Blue Vision and the Politics of the Ocean
- What the “Arrested Development” Chicken Dance Really Says About the Bluth Family
- Inside ‘The Oscars’ of Gardening
- Our Top 10 Headlines Today: Star Twins Close to Earth, Disappearing Amphibians…
- Anteater’s Surprise Pregnancy: Virgin Birth Explained
- With Oklahoma Tornado, Questions Swirl about Climate Change Link
- Invasive Lady Beetle Kills Off Competition Using Parasites
- Writer Brian Switek Shares His Love for Dinosaurs
- A Powerful Weapon Against Ivory Smugglers: DNA Testing
- Tracking Wild Dogs in Botswana’s Okavango Delta