Facts: Vet and Wild
17 Things You Didn't Know About the Incredible Dr. Pol
Photo by: Super! Alright!
- Dr. Pol is fluent in four languages – English, Dutch, French, and German.
- When Dr. Pol was in veterinary school in the Netherlands, his textbooks were printed in German because Dutch translations of the material did not exist.
- Dr. Pol is an avid car collector. Among the cars in his collection are a 1937 Rolls Royce, a 1999 Plymouth Prowler, and a 1981 “Back to the Future” DeLorean.
- Dr. Pol’s son Charles was an intern for Hollywood legend, the late Sidney Pollack.
- Dr. Pol and his wife Diane started their business out of their garage in 1981. The business has since grown and has amassed over 19,000 clients.
- Diane Pol has a Master’s Degree in Special Reading and used to be a schoolteacher at Harbor Beach Elementary Schools.
- Charles Pol is a certified Black Belt in Karate.
- Dr. Pol grew up on a dairy farm in the Netherlands with his 2 brothers and 3 sisters.
- Dr. Pol is color-blind. He has trouble with the colors green and brown.
- Dr. and Mrs. Pol have been married for 44 years.
- Dr. and Mrs. Pol helped design their log home themselves.
- All of Dr. Pol's children are adopted. Their daughter Kathy and their son Charles from birth and their daughter Diane at the age of 18, after having been their foster child for ten years.
- Graham Farms also operates a certified organic butcher shop where they process their own beef.
- Three of the four boys in Dr. Pol's family are named Jan.
- Dr. and Mrs. Pol have always owned a Great Dane since they were married.
- Dr. Pol is licensed to Practice Veterinary Medicine in the State of Michigan and The Netherlands.
Watch Full Episodes
Welcome to Billie Swamp Safari, an untamed wild animal park in the Florida Everglades, located on Seminole land.
Join the adventure by land, sea, and air with Dr. Brady Barr as he travels to some of the wildest places on Earth.