Photograph courtesy Andrew Zolli
Andrew Zolli is a foresight and global trends consultant who analyzes critical trends at the intersection of culture, technology, and global society. His firm, Z Partners, helps global companies and institutions see, understand, and respond to complex change. He is also the curator of the PopTech conference, an elite annual gathering of thought leaders that explores the social impact of technology and the shape of things to come. In addition to his work with large multinational organizations, Zolli advises a number of cutting-edge, not-for-profit, public policy, and venture-backed start-ups.
Formerly, Zolli served as chief marketing officer of the strategic branding consultancy Siegel & Gale, where he helped develop new designs, businesses, products, and services for such companies as The Weather Channel, Netscape, Kodak, American Express, Forrester Research, and IBM. He helped found the company's new media practice and helped envision and develop next-generation approaches to product development, user experience, and communications. He also created and led the company's research and development lab that explored digital user experience and interface design. Under his direction, the lab developed significant virtual reality and graphics applications for the Web. Before this, in the early 1990s, Zolli participated as an academic researcher in core technology and standards research and development that shaped the Web.
Zolli attended Vassar College, Brown University, and the University of Houston. He was a National Geographic emerging explorer in 2005.
Latest Explorer News
- 10 Essential Accessories for the Drone Traveler
- Raven’s Perspective: Photos of a Science Expedition to the Sea of Cortez
- How Much Food Does a Thai Elephant Eat in a Day?
- When Ice Melts: Tipping the Scales in the Predator/Prey Arms Race in Antarctica
- ‘Clockwork Lion’ in London Cries, “Time Is Running Out for Big Cats”
- Video From a Whale Shark’s Point of View
- Earliest Cat Domesticated in China Was the Leopard Cat, Scientists Say
- Hanging Out With Sea Lions at Los Islotes
- Brink of Extinction: A Technological Approach to Saving the Last Vaquita Porpoises
- Individuals Matter Among Africa’s Wild Animals
Pop!Tech is an annual conference in Camden, Maine, a community of remarkable people, and an ongoing conversation about science, technology, and the future of ideas.
Learn more about Zolli's projects and endeavors around the world.
In Their Words
How do we let the past speak? And how do we let the future speak? And what if they disagree?
In times of upheaval, why do some people, communities, companies and systems thrive, while others fall apart?
Andrew Zolli is a foresight and global trends consultant who analyzes critical trends at the intersection of culture, technology, and global society.
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.