Photograph courtesy Jun Tian
CURA Metrics Research Project
Organization: Chengdu Urban Rivers Association
Anlong Village, near Chengdu, Sichuan, is known for the Anlong Village Model (AVM), which utilizes ecological farming, urine-diverting composting toilets, bio-digesters, and phytoremediation wetlands to reduce pollution into the local waterways. This project will try to confirm, with empirical evidence, the efficacy of these efforts, and potentially allow for expansion of the AVM to other areas of China.
Latest Explorer News
- Working With the Power of the Ocean
- Together Panthers and Ranchers can Keep Florida Wild
- Dive into an “Underwater Kaleidoscope” of Unbelievable Beauty
- ‘The Remotest Island,’ the Warmest Welcome!
- A Good Time for Inspiration – 2017 Benchley Winners Announced
- New Excavation Season Begins at Unusual Egyptian/Nubian Site
- This Is Where the Key to Healthy Honeybees May Be Found
- Putting D.C.’s Wastewater Treatment to the Microplastics Test
- Two Days at the Weeks Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Camera-Trap Image of Florida Panther Brings New Hope to Conservationists
ENGLISH / 中文
Meet Our Explorers
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.