Photograph courtesy Jun Tian
CURA Metrics Research Project
Organization: Chengdu Urban Rivers Association
Anlong Village, near Chengdu, Sichuan, is known for the Anlong Village Model (AVM), which utilizes ecological farming, urine-diverting composting toilets, bio-digesters, and phytoremediation wetlands to reduce pollution into the local waterways. This project will try to confirm, with empirical evidence, the efficacy of these efforts, and potentially allow for expansion of the AVM to other areas of China.
Latest Explorer News
- TOMS Animal Initiative Founder Puts Her Foot Down for Big Cats
- It’s Elementary: Wildlife Is Going Up in Smoke
- Facebook Chat With the Wisest Woman in the Sea
- Chat With Legendary Wildlife Photographers
- Top 10 Drones for 2016: The Beginner’s List
- It Takes Time.
- Photos From Nepal: Drones and Image-Mapping for Next-Generation Disaster Response
- Seeds, Soil and SMS: How Mobiles Promote Resilience Among Small-Scale Farmers in Africa
- Mission Blue II Voyage: A Resounding Success in Calling for More Ocean Protection
- Video: That’s No Moon. It’s Aliens. (Maybe.)
ENGLISH / 中文
Meet Our Explorers
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.