Photograph courtesy Jun Tian
CURA Metrics Research Project
Organization: Chengdu Urban Rivers Association
Anlong Village, near Chengdu, Sichuan, is known for the Anlong Village Model (AVM), which utilizes ecological farming, urine-diverting composting toilets, bio-digesters, and phytoremediation wetlands to reduce pollution into the local waterways. This project will try to confirm, with empirical evidence, the efficacy of these efforts, and potentially allow for expansion of the AVM to other areas of China.
Latest Explorer News
- Inner-space Mission to the Bottom of the Ocean
- Google+ Hangout: Your Questions About Life in Space
- The Vanishing Vakul, and the Changing Indigenous Ivatan Culture
- Mardi Gras from Louisiana’s Cajun Country
- On the Trail of the Elusive Pacific Marten
- Crocodiles and Corals: Face-to-Face With Cuba’s Coral Reef
- March 2, 2014: Swimming from Cuba to Florida, Buying Camels in Yemen and More
- Counting Tigers by Their Stripes
- Wolf Tracks Found on Mt. Hood, First Since 1947
- Tackling Overfishing on Many Fronts
ENGLISH / 中文
Meet Our Explorers
Marshall dedicated his life to studying, exploring, and documenting animal life in the oceans and across the globe.
At the heart of our explorers program is the quest for knowledge through exploration and the people who make it possible.
Browse our different areas of exploration and discover the fascinating people behind the projects.
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.