Photograph courtesy Jun Tian
CURA Metrics Research Project
Organization: Chengdu Urban Rivers Association
Anlong Village, near Chengdu, Sichuan, is known for the Anlong Village Model (AVM), which utilizes ecological farming, urine-diverting composting toilets, bio-digesters, and phytoremediation wetlands to reduce pollution into the local waterways. This project will try to confirm, with empirical evidence, the efficacy of these efforts, and potentially allow for expansion of the AVM to other areas of China.
Latest Explorer News
- Explorers’ Hearts Full This Thanksgiving
- Africa’s Last Tropical Glaciers: Watch for Free
- Asher Jay’s T-shirt for Big Cats Conservation
- Along Bhutan’s River Valleys to Find Black-Necked Cranes
- Big Cat Week Google+ Hangout: A Life Among Lions
- Rock Art Helps Reveal Elk May Have Roamed Los Angeles
- A Talk Over Tea: Preserving India’s Indigenous Languages
- It’s Time for a Sea Party!
- November 16, 2014: Speed Climb 3,000 Foot Walls, Meet the Darwin of NYC’s Rodent World and More
- Hmong Use Tech to Keep Old Traditions Alive
ENGLISH / 中文
Meet Our Explorers
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.