Photograph courtesy Jun Tian
CURA Metrics Research Project
Organization: Chengdu Urban Rivers Association
Anlong Village, near Chengdu, Sichuan, is known for the Anlong Village Model (AVM), which utilizes ecological farming, urine-diverting composting toilets, bio-digesters, and phytoremediation wetlands to reduce pollution into the local waterways. This project will try to confirm, with empirical evidence, the efficacy of these efforts, and potentially allow for expansion of the AVM to other areas of China.
Latest Explorer News
- Real-life “Tarzan” Lee White is on a Mission to Protect Gabon’s Forest Elephants
- Abyssinian Owl Remains Elusive Amidst Beauty and Hardship on Mt Kenya
- Journey Through the Largest Cave in the World
- An Archaeology Summer Reading List
- Big Black Bears Celebrated in Big Way in Washington County, North Carolina
- Combating Lionfish? Try Eating Them!
- Capsized by a Hippo on the Okavango Expedition
- 8 Breakthrough Innovations Saving Our Ocean
- Learning to See the Forest for the Bees at Olympic National Park
- Falling Behind in Ocean Protection
ENGLISH / 中文
Meet Our Explorers
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.