Photograph courtesy Jun Tian
CURA Metrics Research Project
Organization: Chengdu Urban Rivers Association
Anlong Village, near Chengdu, Sichuan, is known for the Anlong Village Model (AVM), which utilizes ecological farming, urine-diverting composting toilets, bio-digesters, and phytoremediation wetlands to reduce pollution into the local waterways. This project will try to confirm, with empirical evidence, the efficacy of these efforts, and potentially allow for expansion of the AVM to other areas of China.
Latest Explorer News
- Justice for Elephants in Kenya: Ivory Smuggler Jailed for 20 Years
- Palmetto Pipeline: An Eminent Problem
- Deep Sea Mining: An Invisible Land Grab
- Shipwreck Hunter Unearths Lost History and Treasures: #bestjobever
- Ridiculously Cute Mouse Lemurs Hold key to Madagascar’s Past
- Colombia’s Former Guerrillas Need New Jobs. Why Not in Conservation?
- Duplin County: Life Under the Waste Sprayer
- Third Class of Fulbright-National Geographic Fellows Named
- Kayakers Explore Alaska’s Newly Revealed Class V Gorge
- Banding Florida’s Snowy Plovers
ENGLISH / 中文
Meet Our Explorers
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.