Photograph courtesy Jun Tian
CURA Metrics Research Project
Organization: Chengdu Urban Rivers Association
Anlong Village, near Chengdu, Sichuan, is known for the Anlong Village Model (AVM), which utilizes ecological farming, urine-diverting composting toilets, bio-digesters, and phytoremediation wetlands to reduce pollution into the local waterways. This project will try to confirm, with empirical evidence, the efficacy of these efforts, and potentially allow for expansion of the AVM to other areas of China.
Latest Explorer News
- Hunting is Not a Hot Topic: An Interview with Dereck and Beverly Joubert
- Fuel For Thought: Is There Hope For Africa?
- Breaking the Silence: SMS Helps Liberian Schools to Improve Education
- Giving to Something Bigger Than Ourselves on #GivingTuesday
- Give Back to the Ocean on #GivingTuesday
- Be Part of One of the Largest Conservation Efforts in American History
- Boone Smith and the Art of Capture
- Warning From Past / Hope For The Future
- The Patient Photography of Steve Winter
- Tech & the Cheetah
Explorers Updates on Instagram
ENGLISH / 中文
Meet All Our Explorers
Google Science Fair
Take an interactive look at dozens of National Geographic's many active and exciting explorers. Click on the illustrations to discover profiles, interviews, articles, and more!
Newsletter: Explorer Updates
Stay in the know with updates about National Geographic with our newsletter.
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.