Photograph courtesy Jun Tian
CURA Metrics Research Project
Organization: Chengdu Urban Rivers Association
Anlong Village, near Chengdu, Sichuan, is known for the Anlong Village Model (AVM), which utilizes ecological farming, urine-diverting composting toilets, bio-digesters, and phytoremediation wetlands to reduce pollution into the local waterways. This project will try to confirm, with empirical evidence, the efficacy of these efforts, and potentially allow for expansion of the AVM to other areas of China.
Latest Explorer News
- One Big Fish Is Making News, but There Are Many More Out There
- Sangay Volcano Erupts in Ecuador
- Bee With No Stripes Discovered in Kenya
- Google Science Fair Hangout: What’s Your Utopia?
- Fighting Back Lionfish for Invasive Species Awareness Week
- Manx: How a Unique Island Got Its Voice Back
- Using Ancient DNA to Uncover the Hidden History of Patagonia
- Google Science Fair 2015: What Will You Try?
- For Chinese New Year a Celebration of the World’s Largest Sheep
- Prairie Exploration Play-by-Play
ENGLISH / 中文
Meet Our Explorers
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.