Photograph courtesy Jun Tian
CURA Metrics Research Project
Organization: Chengdu Urban Rivers Association
Anlong Village, near Chengdu, Sichuan, is known for the Anlong Village Model (AVM), which utilizes ecological farming, urine-diverting composting toilets, bio-digesters, and phytoremediation wetlands to reduce pollution into the local waterways. This project will try to confirm, with empirical evidence, the efficacy of these efforts, and potentially allow for expansion of the AVM to other areas of China.
Latest Explorer News
- Overfishing Remains Biggest Threat to Mediterranean, Study Confirms
- Sharks, Rays, and (Finally) a Break in the Weather
- Here Today, Dugong Tomorrow!
- On the Trail of a Puma
- Your Weird Animal Questions Answered: Love in the Animal Kingdom
- Grey Wolf Captured On Camera
- Diving Through Kelp With a Beautiful Giant
- Gift to the Maasai Mara, a Male Elephant is Born
- Wild Cats in San Francisco’s Backyard
- Video: In Search of Wolverine
ENGLISH / 中文
Meet Our Explorers
Marshall dedicates his life to studying, exploring, and documenting animal life in the oceans and across the globe.
At the heart of our explorers program is the quest for knowledge through exploration and the people who make it possible.
Browse our different areas of exploration and discover the fascinating people behind the projects.
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.