Photograph courtesy Jun Tian
CURA Metrics Research Project
Organization: Chengdu Urban Rivers Association
Anlong Village, near Chengdu, Sichuan, is known for the Anlong Village Model (AVM), which utilizes ecological farming, urine-diverting composting toilets, bio-digesters, and phytoremediation wetlands to reduce pollution into the local waterways. This project will try to confirm, with empirical evidence, the efficacy of these efforts, and potentially allow for expansion of the AVM to other areas of China.
Latest Explorer News
- Video: “Toy” Drone Deployed in Ivory Investigation
- Project Baseline: Conserving the Underwater World through Citizen Science and Reporting
- The Arctic Is Changing … Or Is It?
- Video: Inside Togo’s Voodoo Fetish Market
- Hope for New England’s Offshore Treasures
- Video: The Accepting Nature of Orphaned Baby Elephants
- The Stunning Ways Driftwood Builds Landscapes
- Prehistoric Sea Monsters Emerge From the Arctic Landscape
- Fuzzy Nautilus Rediscovered and Filmed After 30 Years
- Hunters Bagged 10,000 Lions in Africa Since 2003, Trophy Data Show
ENGLISH / 中文
Meet Our Explorers
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.