Photograph courtesy Jun Tian
CURA Metrics Research Project
Organization: Chengdu Urban Rivers Association
Anlong Village, near Chengdu, Sichuan, is known for the Anlong Village Model (AVM), which utilizes ecological farming, urine-diverting composting toilets, bio-digesters, and phytoremediation wetlands to reduce pollution into the local waterways. This project will try to confirm, with empirical evidence, the efficacy of these efforts, and potentially allow for expansion of the AVM to other areas of China.
Latest Explorer News
- 10 Essential Accessories for the Drone Traveler
- Raven’s Perspective: Photos of a Science Expedition to the Sea of Cortez
- How Much Food Does a Thai Elephant Eat in a Day?
- When Ice Melts: Tipping the Scales in the Predator/Prey Arms Race in Antarctica
- ‘Clockwork Lion’ in London Cries, “Time Is Running Out for Big Cats”
- Video From a Whale Shark’s Point of View
- Earliest Cat Domesticated in China Was the Leopard Cat, Scientists Say
- Hanging Out With Sea Lions at Los Islotes
- Brink of Extinction: A Technological Approach to Saving the Last Vaquita Porpoises
- Individuals Matter Among Africa’s Wild Animals
ENGLISH / 中文
Meet Our Explorers
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.