George Mason University Young Explorers Grants WorkshopTuesday, April 21, 2015
George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
Reese Meeting Room (Room 1201), Merten Hall
Registration/check-in: 2:15 p.m.
Presentation begins: 2:30 p.m.
Faculty briefing: 4 p.m.
- Welcome reception and check-in
- Introduction to National Geographic and its role in supporting exploration, research, and conservation. Outstanding young explorer grantees will present their projects and their future plans in the field. The panel will offer advice on the elements of a good grant application and why many applications miss the mark.
- Refreshments and networking with National Geographic grantees and staff
- A briefing for faculty will follow at 4 p.m.
- National Geographic Grant Program officer and staff
- National Geographic young explorer grantees
Meet Our Explorers
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.