2014 Young Explorer Workshop Location
Washington University Young Explorers Grants WorkshopSaturday, February 22, 2014
Washington University, St. Louis, MO
The Laboratory Sciences Building Room 300, Danforth Campus
Registration: 9:45 a.m.
Workshop concludes at 3 p.m.
Also consider attending our free public Saturday evening event, Evening of Exploration: FameLab Finals.
- Welcome Reception: Check-in and light breakfast
- Morning Session: Introduction to National Geographic and its role in supporting exploration, research, and conservation. Outstanding young explorer grantees will present their projects and their future plans in the field. The morning panel will offer advice on the elements of a good grant application and why many applications miss the mark.
- Lunch: With students, National Geographic grantees, and staff
- Afternoon Idea Pitch Session: Time to share ideas for field projects in breakout groups with National Geographic grantees and staff
- Evening Lecture Presentation: Join National Geographic explorers and photographers for a memorable evening presentation.
- Dr. John Francis, Vice President, Research, Conservation, and Exploration, National Geographic Society
- Rebecca Martin, Director, Expeditions Council, National Geographic Society
- National Geographic Grant Program Officers
- National Geographic Grant Committee Members
- National Geographic Young Explorer Grantees
- National Geographic Society Research, Conservation, and Exploration Grantees
Meet Our Explorers
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.