2014 Young Explorer Workshop Location
University of Tennessee, Knoxville Young Explorers Grants WorkshopSaturday, September 20, 2014
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
Shiloh Room, University Center
Registration/check-in: 10:30 a.m.
Workshop concludes at 1:30 p.m.
Also consider attending our free public Saturday evening event, Evening of Exploration with Kenny Broad and Mark Synnott at 7:00 p.m. at the university auditorium in the University Center.
- Welcome reception and check-in
- Morning session: Introduction to National Geographic and its role in supporting exploration, research, and conservation. Outstanding young explorer grantees will present their projects and their future plans in the field. The morning panel will offer advice on the elements of a good grant application and why many applications miss the mark.
- Refreshments and networking with National Geographic grantees and staff
- Evening lecture presentation: Join National Geographic explorers Kenny Broad and Mark Synnott for a memorable evening presentation.
- Rebecca Martin, director of Expeditions Council, National Geographic Society
- National Geographic Grant Program officers and staff
- National Geographic Grant Committee members
- National Geographic young explorer grantees
- National Geographic Society research, conservation, and exploration grantees
Meet Our Explorers
Our Explorers in Action
Meet female explorers who have pushed the limits in adventure, science, and more.