Photograph by Chao Kusollerschariya
The National Geographic Society Grosvenor Council is an international group of individuals who demonstrate their commitment to the Society by donating $1,000 or more annually. Council members' gifts support expeditions and scientific fieldwork, promote conservation, encourage geographic "fluency" among youth, and engage the public through exhibits, live events, film, and new media.
As a member of the Grosvenor Council, you will join other leaders of a New Age of Exploration and will receive exclusive benefits and privileges highlighted here:
Annual gift of $1,000 to $2,499
- Subscription to National Geographic magazine
- Live streaming of National Geographic’s Explorers Symposium
- Two free passes to National Geographic Museum exhibits in Washington, D.C.
- Invitation to join our experts on a Grosvenor Council Expedition
- Invitations to private receptions and exhibition openings
- Recognition in the National Geographic Annual Report
- A direct line to Grosvenor Council staff for answers to yourNational Geographic questions
- Members-only “First Look” e-mails with breaking news on expeditions, discoveries, special events, and more!
Annual gift of $2,500 to $4,999
All the benefits of VOYAGER membership, plus:
- Limited-edition National Geographic map, presented in a protective archival sleeve
- Invitation to a private coffee in the historic Founder’s Room, featuring a special project update and tour of National Geographic headquarters
- Advance notice of new National Geographic Expeditions
Annual gift of $5,000 to $9,999
All the benefits of VOYAGER and DISCOVERER membership, plus:
- The Chairman’s Exploration Gift Pack, featuring a special National Geographic book and media selected by the Society’s chairman of the board
- Letter from the Society’s leadership reporting on current field work and upcoming projects
- Guest passes for four to the National Geographic Museum in Washington, D.C.
- Free weekend parking at National Geographic headquarters (subject to availability)
- Opportunity to give a National Geographic magazine subscription
Annual gift of $10,000 to $24,999
All the benefits of VOYAGER, DISCOVERER, and GEOGRAPHER membership, plus:
- Dedicated National Geographic staff member to match your experiences with the Society to your interests
- Membership in National Geographic Expeditions’ Lifelong Explorer program, including special discounts on National Geographic trips
- Opportunity to consult with a National Geographic photo editor about a personal photograph of your choice
- Rental of National Geographic facilities at 10% discount on the Partner Rate
ADVENTURERS CIRCLE: Highest membership level
For more information, please contact Sarah F. Stallings at 202-775-6751.
Experience National Geographic like never before by joining this special group today!
Support the National Geographic Society
Our critical work in research, conservation, exploration, and education is possible thanks to the generosity of people like you. Your gift of any size is greatly appreciated.
We've supported nearly 12,000 grants to scientists and others in the field. See the impact of your donation.
National Geographic Development Office
1145 17th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Manager, Annual Giving
Telephone: +1 202 775 6751
Fax: +1 202 429 5709
Your Support in the Field
With support from the National Geographic Society, Explorer-in-Residence Lee Berger and his team have excavated more than 1,500 bones belonging to at least 15 individuals in a cave 30 miles northwest of Johannesburg, South Africa. This new species of human ancestor, which Lee has named Homo naledi, is changing the way we think about our history.