April 16 only on
Join undercover agents and slip into the shadowy web of illicit trade, where dangerous multi-billion dollar criminal networks threaten whole sectors of the world economy. Illicit: The Dark Trade travels the globe to expose the dire consequences of this dirty industry: money laundering, political corruption, and the subversion of entire governments. From knock-off handbags to bootlegged compact discs to fake pharmaceuticals, this hard-hitting special reveals how consumers' insatiable demand for counterfeit merchandise has given birth to a vast criminal system.
Based on the bestselling book "Illicit" by Dr. Moises Naim, acclaimed editor of Foreign Policy magazine.
Major Funding Provided by
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
For EducatorsNote: All PDF files require free Adobe Reader.
In the News
- Photos: Bear Bile, Tiger Parts Sold in Myanmar Markets
- Video: Illegal Trade of Ancient Artifacts
- China Cracks Down on Illegal Online Wildlife Trade
- Tainted drugs put focus on FDA
- Record seizure of money
- "Lord of War" gun runner arrested in Thailand
- First documented American death related to fake pharmaceuticals