Explore your world with National Geographic’s World Atlas for iPhone, iPod Touch and
Description Easy-to-use, feature-packed, and containing the world’s best maps, the National Geographic World Atlas enables you to browse, search, and zoom detailed maps of the globe.
Unlike other atlas applications, the National Geographic World Atlas utilizes our highest resolution, “press-ready” images, providing you the same rich detail, accuracy, and artistic beauty found in our award-winning wall maps and bound atlases.
The National Geographic World Atlas contains seven different levels of National Geographic cartography, plus—through our unique partnership with Microsoft—seven bonus levels of Microsoft Bing maps enabling you to zoom in close enough to see your home!
Learn more about the world around you using the up-to-date, expertly researched Flags and Facts database, which contains concise geographic and socio-economic data.
Find even the most remote places in the news using the built-in search tool and place names directory, which contains nearly seven million entries!
Mark, annotate, and save your favorite places with the intuitive push-pin tool. Add pictures from your photo library, or take a new picture on camera-equipped iPhones.
On the go? GPS-enabled iPhones can quickly center the map to your current position, making the National Geographic World Atlas a handy companion for global travelers.
Proceeds from the sale of the National Geographic World Atlas support National Geographic’s non-profit mission “to increase and diffuse geographic knowledge while promoting the conservation of the world’s cultural, historical and natural resources.”
- High resolution National Geographic cartography, the same used to print our award-winning wall maps and bound atlases!
- Preloaded with three different styles of world maps, down to country detail. Additional detailed zoom levels and Microsoft Bing maps require Internet connection to view. Map Library feature allows you to download and save National Geographic maps for faster access and offline use.
- Easy-to-use and fast place name search tool, with more than six million database entries (major cities index is preloaded; full search requires Internet or cell connection).
- World Flags and Facts database, expertly edited and up-to-date with concise socio-economic and geographic data.
- Push pin tool enables you to mark, annotate, and save your favorite places. Push pins come in a variety of colors and can tap into your iPhoto library or camera.
- GPS-enabled iPhones can center the maps to show your current location.
Time yourself and challenge your friends to solve these jigsaw puzzles created using map plates from our eighth-edition atlas.
Download Now to Get Nat Geo Maps on Your iPad
Explore National Geographic's political and physical maps of the world from our eighth-edition atlas.