National Geographic Mobile: Inspiring People to Care About the Planet, On the Move
National Geographic’s mobile website brings you the same great content you’ve come to know and love in a phone-friendly version. On the go you can now:
• Read current magazine articles
• Get the latest news updates
• Flip through stunning photo galleries
• Watch short Nat Geo Videos
• Educate yourself on going green
• Catch the latest Nat Geo Channel features
• Play one of Nat Geo’s games
• Learn about upcoming museum exhibits
• Listen to the latest Geo Sessions
To Access Nat Geo's Mobile Website on Your Phone
Go to natgeomobile.com on your phone's Web browser
Text NATGEO to 59523 and we'll send you a text message with a link to the website
(Standard text messaging rates and data charges may apply. Check with your wireless carrier for details.)
Put the NationalGeographic.com bookmark icon on your BlackBerry home screen, for one-touch access to news and information.
To get the NationalGeographic.com Mobile for BlackBerry icon:
- Click the "Download" button. (Data charges may apply.)
- Then click the "OK" or "Run" button once the download is complete.
If your download was successful, you are ready to go. To find the icon, look on your home screen or in your Applications folder.
Note: Some BlackBerry models do not place new applications on your desktop. You may need to move the application from your Applications folder. Check your instruction manual for details.
Instructions for BlackBerry UsersBlackBerry users may want to make the following changes to their settings to enhance their viewing experience on natgeomobile.com and other mobile websites.
First go to your Internet browser, select Options, and then Browser configuration.
If they are not already checked, check the box next to the following settings:
• Support HTML Tables
• Use Foreground and Background Colors
• Support Embedded Media
• Support Style Sheets
Set "Style Sheet Media Type" to "Handheld"
Set "Show Images and Content Mode" to "On WML & HTML Pages"
Set "Emulation Mode" to "BlackBerry"