Chosen: Grand Prize-Winning Essay!
Ski Canada and Explore Like a Local Contest
The contest has now ended. Click back to the homepage to read the essay chosen as the Grand Prize Winner! Our lucky winner, Matthew E. of Berwyn Heights, MD, was selected to win a seven-night ski getaway for him and a guest at one of four premier resorts. His chosen resort was Banff/Lake Louise! Each participating resort is stamped with its own unique character, mountains of snow and friendly locals. No matter which resort he chose, he'd be guaranteed great skiing or snowboarding, an array of exciting après-ski activities and the inside scoop on how best to experience our winter wonderland.Contest ended February 15, 2012 at 11:59pm EST.
Contest was open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old; and who had internet access as of 11/15/11. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Canadian Tourism Commission, Canadian Destination Ski Consortium, the Four Western Canadian Resorts, Air Canada, and their respective parent and affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as members of the immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, and each of their respective spouse, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above were NOT eligible to participate. The Contest was subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited. Entrants were responsible for complying with these Official Rules.
How were the entries judged?
Essays were judged on the following:
- Creativity - the more creative and descriptive the better
- Humour - a sense of humour is valued
- Literary merit - pay attention to style and grammar
What the Grand Prize Winner will win:
- Seven nights' accommodation for two at one of our featured Canadian Resorts - winner to select resort based upon their winning essay.
- Five day lift passes for two
- Round-trip ground transportation
- Round-trip airfare from nearest US major international airport
- Ski or snowboard rentals
- One ski or snowboard lesson for two
- A choice of one of the following activities:
- Cross-country tour
- Snowshoe tour
- Sleigh- ride
- Grand Prize Value: US $6,733
Photo Gallery of Ski Canada Adventures
Along with skiing legendary slopes, you'll find every winter activity under the sun—including dog-sledding, cross-country, and of course, an exciting après-ski scene.