What You Need to Know About Copperhead Snakes
While eating at a Longhorn Steakhouse in Fredericksburg, Virginia, Rachel Myrick got a bite she didn't expect.
Telling her experience to local paper The Free Lance-Star, Myrick said she felt a sting-like pain in her left foot.
“I had my fingers under my foot and that’s when I felt something moving,” she told the paper.
An 8-inch-long copperhead stayed attached to her sandal when she shook the shoe from her foot. The venomous snake had bitten her twice on her toes, and she was taken to the hospital. During a process that took more than an hour, she intravenously received antivenin and was shortly released.
It will take several more months for her to completely recover. The swelling in her foot makes it