These free guides and other resources aid in collection development and enrich the use of National Geographic books with library patrons and students.
Visit Our Books to download our latest catalogs.
Click to download a PDF of each of the following guides for educators. Some include alignments to Common Core or Next Generation Science Standards as well as classroom activities. The guides are listed in alphabetical order by book or series title.
- 1001 Inventions and Awesome Facts from Muslim Civilization
- Book of Animal Poetry
- Brain Games
- Denied, Detained, Deported
- Dirtmeister’s Nitty Gritty Planet Earth
- Dog Science
- Dr. E’s Super Stellar Solar System
- Edible Science
- Explorer Academy: The Double Helix (Book 3)
- Explorer Academy: The Falcon’s Feather (Book 2)
- Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret (Book 1)
- Extreme Weather
- Food Fight!
- Great Moments in Chocolate History
- The Griffin and the Dinosaur
- Jimmy the Joey
- The March Against Fear
- Marching to the Mountaintop
- Master George’s People
- Mission: Lion Rescue & Mission: Wolf Rescue
- Motor Girls
- National Geographic Readers Series
- A Seed Is the Start
- Shackles From the Deep
- The Skull in the Rock
- Stolen Into Slavery
- Stubby the War Dog
- Taking Cover
- Treasury of Egyptian Mythology
- Treasury of Greek Mythology
- Try This! 50 Fun Experiments for the Mad Scientist in You
- Ultimate Bodypedia
- Undaunted: The Wild Life of Biruté Mary Galdikas
- Untamed: The Wild Life of Jane Goodall
- Welcome to Mars
- Why’d They Wear That?
Click to download a PDF of each of the following discussion guides for individual readers and book clubs. They are listed in alphabetical order by book title.
Visit our Media & Publicity page for links to our event kit materials.