- A National Geographic expert provides insight on ecosystems like the Okavango Delta and Victoria Falls.
- Enjoy exclusive safaris far from the crowds as we soar between private game reserves in our our own charter aircraft.
- Settle into a spacious suite at Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge, a National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World set within the Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve.
- Visit the Motloutse Ruins with an archaeologist and examine pottery shards and trading beads that date back thousands of years.
- Southern Africa: Cape Town Extension4 days from $3,150
Pre- and Post-Trip, 4 Days
Settle into the elegant Cape Grace Hotel located on the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront and spend time exploring the gardens and districts of Cape Town, Robben Island, and the beautiful Cape Peninsula.
Upon arrival in Cape Town, check into the hotel and enjoy a free afternoon to relax or explore the city on your own.
Set out on a city tour that includes a cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain, where you'll take in stunning panoramic views of the city and harbor. This afternoon, travel by ferry to Robben Island—the prison where Nelson Mandela was held for 18 years—and learn about his historic "walk to freedom."
Begin the day with a drive through the oceanfront towns of Clifton and Camps Bay. Continue over Chapman's Peak to the Cape Point Nature Reserve. After lunch, visit the naval village of Simonstown and walk amid a colony of penguins on Boulders Beach. Head to the Cape Winelands to explore the historic Groot Constantia estate and sip on their award-winning wines.
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for a domestic flight to Johannesburg, where you'll meet the group for our flight to Mala Mala.