- Complimentary Bar Tab and Gratuities
Book a voyage on the National Geographic Explorer, National Geographic Orion, National Geographic Endurance, Sea Cloud, or Lord of the Glens and we will cover your bar tab on board and all tips for the crew.
Offer is for new bookings only, may not be combined with other offers, and is subject to availability. Must book by March 31, 2019. Please call for details.
- Travel aboard the National Geographic Explorer, enjoying unparalleled access to Iceland's most remote landscapes, including offshore islands near the Arctic Circle.
- Capture images of enchanting lava landscapes, towering waterfalls, and sea birds in flight, shooting alongside a National Geographic photographer.
- Explore Iceland's coastal geology by Zodiac or kayak, and cruise among the icebergs of the Jökulsárlón ice lagoon in a small boat.
- Learn from a team of naturalists while exploring geothermally active Mývatn, and take in the beauty of Goðafoss waterfall.
- Reykjavík and Golden Circle Extension1 days from $1,290
- Glacier Heli-hiking Extension2 days from $7,990
- Snæfellsnes Peninsula Extension2 days from $2,900
- Deplar Farm3 days from $4,580
Explore Reykjavík and its wild surroundings on this extension. Discover quaint, colorful streets and sleek, modern landmarks; and savor unique cuisine with an Icelandic flair. Soak in the surreal Blue Lagoon and delve into Iceland’s extraordinary geology on a tour of the Golden Circle.
After your overnight flight, arrive in Reykjavík, the world’s northernmost capital city. Experience a traditional welcome at the famed Blue Lagoon geothermal spa, and soak in their mineral-rich spring waters. Enjoy a gourmet lunch at our hotel, then explore the city on a guided tour. Learn about the Viking settlers, intrepid fishermen, and expressive poets of Icelandic history. Set out on your own to see the towering spire of Hallgrímskirkja, the largest church in Iceland, or wander the scenic waterfront. Gather for dinner at a stylish restaurant in downtown Reykjavík.
Discover some of Iceland’s most unique and impressive sites on a tour of the Golden Circle—a driving route that connects several of Iceland's stunning natural sites, leading through the wild landscapes of the country’s southwest. Begin with a visit to the Geysir geothermal area, site of the spouting hot spring that is the namesake of all the world’s geysers. While Geysir erupts infrequently, the neighboring Strokkur geyser sends spray high into the air several times per hour. Continue to the spectacular tiered cascade of Gullfoss Waterfall. After lunch, explore Thingvellir National Park, where a deep fissure in the earth marks the split between the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates. This stark landscape was also the first gathering place of Iceland’s Althing—the oldest democratic parliament still in existence today, having been founded by Norse settlers in the 10th century. Return to Reykjavík and embark your ship for the next stage of your adventure.