- 2020 River Cruises: Free Airfare
Book by April 30, 2019 and receive free economy round-trip economy airfare between the U.S. and Europe or Egypt on select 2020 departures. Book a Diamond Deck suite on itineraries 15 days or longer and receive free roundtrip premium economy airfare.
Offer is subject to availability and valid for new bookings only, and may not be combined with other promotions. Please call for details.
- Join a National Geographic expert to explore fascinating UNESCO World Heritage sites, such as Austria’s Wachau Valley, the Bavarian town of Regensburg, and the medieval Czech gem of Český Krumlov.
- Take a specially arranged tour of Vienna’s renowned Museum of Natural History, and meet with Ludovic Ferrière, the National Geographic grantee who co-curator the museum’s meteorite exhibit.
- Get guidance on technique and artistry from a National Geographic photographer, and capture a unique angle on iconic cityscapes from Budapest to Salzburg.
- Enjoy a private classical concert in the gilded halls of Vienna’s Palais Liechtenstein.
- Prague Extension4 days from $695
Having survived throughout the centuries with much of its architecture intact, Prague is considered one of the best-preserved medieval cities in Europe. Gain firsthand insights into the city’s turbulent history as you explore the cobbled streets that wind beneath the baroque domes and Gothic spires that grace the stunning skyline.
Arrive in Prague and settle into our centrally located hotel.
Trace centuries of history on a guided tour through this “city of a hundred spires.” Get acquainted with spacious plazas and magnificent cathedrals as you wind your way along the cobbled streets of the Old Town. Visit the lively Old Town Square, a focal point of the 15th-century conflict between the reformist Hussites and the ruling Roman Catholics, and see the statue commemorating Jan Hus, the religious reform leader and Czech national hero who was burned at the stake for heresy. Gaze up at the impressive Astronomical Clock, and catch its festive hourly performance. Later, choose to explore through the lens of its communist history, or step into the 12th-century Strahov Monastery, known for its extensive art and library collection. Gather this evening for a traditional Czech feast.
Set out to explore Prague at your leisure. Consider a visit to the historic Jewish Quarter, where the synagogues, museums, and cemetery tell an unforgettable story of struggle and perseverance. Cross the iconic Charles Bridge to see St. Vitus Cathedral and the courtyards and palaces that make up Prague Castle, the largest ancient castle in the world. Or delve into Prague’s modern history in Wenceslas Square, where citizens gathered during the Velvet Revolution to first demand, and then celebrate, the end of communism.
After breakfast, transfer to the airport or continue on to your next destination.