- 2020 River Cruises: Free Airfare
Book by April 30, 2019 and receive free economy round-trip economy airfare between the U.S. and Europe or Egypt on select 2020 departures. Book a Diamond Deck suite on itineraries 15 days or longer and receive free roundtrip premium economy airfare.
Offer is subject to availability and valid for new bookings only, and may not be combined with other promotions. Please call for details.
- In the company of a National Geographic expert, discover historical treasures along the Rhine, from the architectural marvels of Cologne to Strasbourg’s enchanting half-timbered old town.
- Enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes visit to the Neanderthal Museum in Mettmann; and explore Grube Messel, the famed fossil site of a National Geographic magazine feature and where “Ida”—the world’s most complete primate fossil—was found.
- With the spectacular Rhine Gorge as your backdrop, hone your camera skills alongside a National Geographic photographer on the ship’s sundeck.
- Enjoy a private concert in Schwetzingen Palace, an architectural gem near Heidelberg.
- Switzerland Extension5 days from $2,100
Graced with sparkling lakes, rolling meadows, and the majestic Alps, Switzerland abounds with breathtaking scenery. Spend time exploring Zürich, the country’s pleasant and posh financial hub; then venture to the picturesque lakeside towns of Lucerne and Montreux. Enjoy visits to charming Alpine hamlets, and take in views of Switzerland’s incomparable mountain peaks on a scenic train ride across the countryside.
Arrive in Zürich and settle into your city center hotel, located steps from the lakefront. Enjoy an evening at leisure in Switzerland’s posh financial hub.
Set out to explore Zürich's Altstadt, or Old Town. Wander winding lanes, and see the Romanesque Grossmünster church and the Fraumünster, home to stunning stained-windows designed by Marc Chagall. Later, journey into the majestic Swiss Alps for a visit to the lovely lakeside city of Lucerne, famous for its covered bridges and frescoed building facades. Stroll amid the candy-colored buildings lining the waterfront promenade, and cross the Reuss river via Kapellbrücke, one of Europe’s oldest wooden bridges. Continue to our hotel in medieval Bern.
Ascend into the mountains of the Bernese Oberland and spend time exploring Gstaad, a small upscale ski village. Popular pastimes during the town’s warmer months include exploring the surrounding forested slopes on area walking trails, and simply enjoying the traditional Alpine ambiance of the village center. Continue to Montreux and settle into our hotel on the shores of stunning Lake Geneva.
Board a first-class car for the scenic train journey to Château-d’Oex. Take in views of rolling meadows and chalet villages through the train’s panoramic windows. Upon arrival, head to a local restaurant to watch cheesemakers at work, transforming fresh milk into the hard savory cheese the region is known for. Taste the final product and enjoy time to explore before returning to Montreux for an afternoon at leisure.
After breakfast, transfer to Basel for your cruise.