- Complimentary Bar Tab and Gratuities
Book a voyage on the National Geographic Explorer, National Geographic Orion, National Geographic Endurance, Sea Cloud, or Lord of the Glens and we will cover your bar tab on board and all tips for the crew.
Offer is for new bookings only, may not be combined with other offers, and is subject to availability. Must book by March 31, 2019. Please call for details.
- Experience Antarctica from every perspective using a range of exploration tools aboard the National Geographic Explorer and National Geographic Orion, including a remotely operated vehicle that captures footage of the ocean floor.
- Explore alongside a team of biologists, geologists, and undersea specialists who offer insights and engaging presentations throughout the trip.
- Get up close to icebergs, wildlife, and hard-to-reach places using our fleets of kayaks and Zodiacs.
- Observe a range of penguin and whale species, as well as seals and seabirds, and photograph them alongside our onboard photo instructor.
- Chilean Wine Country Extension2 days from $1,990
- Easter Island Extension4 days from $4,520
- Buenos Aires Extension2 days from $1,890
- Iguaçu Falls Extension3 days from $2,870
Venture into Santiago’s charming colonial neighborhoods and get acquainted with Chile’s world-famous wines on an extension designed for cultural connoisseurs and oenophiles alike. Stroll down palm-lined boulevards and admire the intricate Spanish-style architecture of the city’s plazas and palaces. Enjoy the slower pace of the countryside during visits to renowned wineries in the Casablanca and Maipo Valleys, where you’ll learn about the winemaking process and savor unique vintages in unforgettable settings.
Depart on an overnight flight and arrive the following morning in Santiago. Check in to your hotel in the elegant city center, which offers views of the snowcapped peaks of the Andes. After settling in, head out on a guided tour of the city’s historic landmarks and hidden gems. Stroll in the shade of the verdant Plaza de Armas, surrounded by impressive structures such as the Metropolitan Cathedral and the colonial Central Post Office. Continue to the Palacio de la Moneda, which was originally built as Chile’s royal mint and later became the seat of the government. Delight in delicious Chilean cuisine during dinner at a local restaurant.
Today, venture into the spectacular Casablanca Valley, one of Chile’s premier wine-producing regions. Visit the Casas del Bosque winery for a private tasting and enjoy lunch in the vineyard against a backdrop of rolling green hills. Then set out on a private tour and tasting at the Bodegas RE winery, family-owned and operated for eight generations. Go behind the scenes to learn about the traditional winemaking process from vine to bottle. Return to Santiago in the evening, and savor dinner with wine pairings at a restaurant in the heart of the lively Vitacura neighborhood.
Set out on a scenic drive through the colorful patchwork of fields that forms the renowned wine region of the Maipo Valley. Arrive in Alto Jahuel, a rural town situated at the feet of golden hills. Enjoy a horse and carriage ride through the vineyard of the Santa Rita winery, and visit a monument commemorating the discovery of the Carmenére grape variety in 1994. Explore the estate’s historic wine cellars, taste a selection of premier vintages, and enjoy lunch in the grand main house surrounded by lush gardens. Upon your return to Santiago, gather with fellow travelers for a welcome reception to kick off the start of your expedition cruise.