- Experience the diverse wonders of the Galápagos during a compact, weeklong trip.
- Take interpretive island walks with our naturalists to learn about endemic wildlife, and witness incredible interactions between animals in their natural habitat.
- Meet endangered Galápagos giant tortoises at a National Geographic–supported captive breeding program, and then observe these creatures in the wild.
- Snorkel and kayak in waters rich with shimmering fish, sea turtles, penguins, and playful sea lions.
- Quito & Otavalo Extension2 days from $425
After your Galápagos voyage, discover the magic of mainland Ecuador on an adventure to colonial Quito and the celebrated Otavalo market. Stroll down cobbled streets and admire stunning Spanish-style architecture in Quito’s historic center, one of the first UNESCO World Heritage–designated sites. Then head into Ecuador’s Andean highlands to visit Otavalo, a town renowned for its exquisite textiles and rich indigenous heritage.
At the conclusion of your Galápagos expedition, continue by air from Guayaquil to Quito, the capital and cultural heart of Ecuador, and check in to our hotel overlooking the tree-filled Parque El Ejido. This evening, venture into Quito’s historic center for a festive welcome dinner at a restaurant with a panoramic view of colonial plazas and churches.
This morning, cross the Equator and travel north through the spectacular Andean highlands to the town of Otavalo, situated in the shadow of the towering—and extinct—Imbabura volcano. Spend the morning exploring Otavalo’s celebrated markets, strolling down aisles adorned with vibrant fabrics and textiles, jewelry, ceramics, and much more. Then visit a nearby village to observe the traditional weaving technique, and relax over lunch at a historic countryside hacienda. Return to Quito later this afternoon and enjoy an evening at leisure to explore on your own.
After breakfast, transfer to the airport in Quito to connect with your flight home, or extend your stay in Quito at an additional cost.