1. TERMINOLOGY: As used in these Terms and Conditions:
a. “Activity” means each recreational or other activity in the course of the Trip.
b. “Guest,” “you” and “your” refer to the guest or passenger making a Trip or travel reservation with us and also applies to any member of a guest’s or passenger’s traveling party.
c. “Guest Confirmation” means the confirmation of booking.
d. “Our”, “us,” “we” refer to Global Adrenaline, LLC d/b/a National Geographic Expeditions, 215 Celebration Place, Kissimmee, FL 34747.
e. “Trip” means an Expedition on our website, catalog, or marketing materials or an Expedition you have reserved that is set forth in your Guest Confirmation and includes all Activities.
2. SERVICE PROVIDERS/SUPPLIERS: We may license or engage qualified professional tour operators to organize and administer activities or travel. Any such designated tour operator, its parent, subsidiaries, and assigns, and their respective employees, affiliates, officers, directors, successors, representatives, agents and assigns (collectively “Tour Operator”), in turn, acts only as an agent for any transportation carrier, hotel, ground operator, restaurants, or other suppliers of services connected with specific itineraries (“Suppliers”). The Suppliers are solely responsible and liable for providing their respective services and neither we nor Tour Operators are responsible for delay, mishap, inconvenience, expense, irregularity, bodily injury, illness, emotional distress, death, or loss to property occasioned by or through the conduct or omission of a Supplier, each of which is subject to the laws of the country or state where the services are provided. In addition, the passenger tickets in use by any carriers will constitute the sole contract between you and the carrier; the carriers are not responsible for any act, omission, or event during the time you are not aboard their conveyances.
3. INDEPENDENT ACTIVITIES: If you decide to participate in any activity or excursion that is not arranged or led by us or the Tour Operator, neither we nor the Tour Operator shall have any responsibility for or control over your safety or well-being, which will be solely your responsibility.
5. TRIP ACTIVITY LEVEL AND REQUIREMENTS: You are advised to carefully read the details of your selected itinerary before booking a Trip. Certain itineraries may not be suitable for all Guests, including Guests with disabilities, due to terrain/local conditions, the nature of the activities, or otherwise. Neither our staff nor our Suppliers/contractors may physically assist Guests who need or may need assistance during the Trip or with respect to any Activity. All Guests are strongly encouraged to consult with their personal physician before booking a reservation. In addition, select itineraries may require Guests to obtain prior written approval from their personal physician. Please contact us about specific itineraries or activities. Note: with regard to expedition and river cruises, please contact us regarding availability of embarkation and disembarkation assistance by Trip.
6. ALLERGIES AND SPECIAL DIETARY REQUESTS: On the Trip, meals are prepared based on the availability of ingredients in each destination. Please keep in mind specific meal requests may not be available at every stop. Further, please be advised that food and beverage locations are not owned or operated by us. For food and beverage offerings arranged by us, we use reasonable efforts to communicate special dietary requests to the locations and, for pre-packaged retail food and beverage, we rely on supplier/manufacturer ingredient labels. Please contact us so you can make an informed choice because food preparation processes and menus vary by location. You are responsible for deciding whether any particular offering meets your requirements. We cannot guarantee that any offering is completely free of allergens.
7. ELIGIBILITY/MINORS: Our website establishes minimum eligibility ages for each itinerary as well as recommended minimum ages, which are based on several factors; however, some Activities may have weight or height restrictions and/or different minimum ages than our overall minimum eligibility age or recommended minimum age. Please contact us for details. All persons under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian over age 21 in the same room. In the event a minor is not accompanied by all legal guardians on the Trip, you agree to carry (or will ensure that the approved traveling companion, if any, carries) a notarized document from each legal guardian not on the Trip, granting approval for the minor to travel on the Trip and to present said documents to any authority requesting them. In the event you are the sole guardian of the minor, you agree to carry documentation evidencing such and present to any authority when requested.
8. REPRESENTATION OF HEALTH/SAFETY/RIGHT TO TERMINATE: By booking your Trip, you represent and certify that you and all members of your traveling party: (i) have carefully read the details of the itinerary and selected an itinerary that is appropriate for each person’s abilities; (ii) do not have any impairment or disability which might present a safety risk during the Trip or any of the Activities; (iii) have consulted with a personal physician as appropriate; and (iv) will immediately advise us if anyone in your travel party is unable to meet the safety requirements that are necessary for the safe operation of the Trip or Activity. If your circumstances change between the date of booking and the Trip departure, you must inform us as soon as possible and advise us of any special requests.
We reserve the right to cancel, terminate, discontinue or modify any reservation, Trip, or Activity, if the Guest cannot meet the safety requirements that are necessary for safe operation or fails to obey signage, instructions, protocols, or rules. We further reserve the right to (i) immediately terminate any Trip or Activity if the Guest is disruptive or otherwise adversely impacts the experience for others, without any refund to the Guest and (ii) make changes to the itinerary or Activity as appropriate for safety, security, comfort or convenience, without liability or notice.
9. PREGNANCY: For any cruise Trip, women who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy as of the Trip start date or who will enter their 24th week of pregnancy during the Trip will not be permitted to book the Trip. For all other Trips, airlines and local Suppliers, may have additional restrictions applicable to women who are pregnant, and depending on the week of pregnancy, pregnant women may not be permitted to book or participate in certain Activities. For these select itineraries, neither a physician’s medical statement nor a waiver of liability will be accepted by us. We cannot be held responsible or liable for any complications relating to pregnancy at any stage. If pregnant, you are strongly encouraged to consult with your personal physician before booking a Trip regardless of itinerary. Please contact us if you have questions about specific itineraries.
10. TRAVEL INSURANCE: Travel insurance is strongly recommended and is available through multiple independent travel insurance providers. Travel insurance typically provides coverage for Trip cancellation and interruption, baggage protection and delay, travel accidents and delay, and emergency medical and dental services and certain associated transportation. If you do not purchase travel insurance, you are responsible for any medical expenses, any medical evacuation costs, and any other costs arising during your travel.
Trip-cancellation insurance is available at an additional cost. For more information about and to enroll in an option available through Travel Insurance Services, visit the “Travel Insurance” section of our website at natgeoexpeditions.com.
11. PRICING DETAILS: All prices are (i) per person based on two persons sharing a room or cabin, unless otherwise noted, (ii) quoted in U.S. dollars, (iii) estimates based on tariffs, currency values, airfares and third-party charges, and (iv) subject to change prior to booking. Prices vary for each Trip based primarily on when you book, when you travel, room configuration and room location. The specific inclusions of the Trip are set forth in the itinerary. Any items not specifically noted are not included in the Trip price.
Once your deposit and signed Travel Agreement (defined below) is received by us, your Trip price is guaranteed, except where price increases may result from increases in government taxes or fees. Guests added to your party after initial booking will be priced at the then-prevailing rate. Single accommodations are subject to a single supplement and subject to availability based on type of Trip and time of booking.
For Private Expeditions Only: The price per person reflected in the Guest Confirmation is based on the number of Guests on the Trip. In the event of a Guest cancellation, we reserve the right to increase the price per person reflected in the Guest Confirmation. We shall notify you if the price per person increases, and you agree to pay the increased price by the required invoice dates. In the event you add one or more Guests to your Trip, we reserve the right to reduce the price per person reflected in this confirmation.
12. DEPOSIT AMOUNTS: A per-person deposit is required to confirm a reservation. For reservations made within the timeframe between the Final Payment Date (as defined below) and departure, you must pay an amount equal to 100% of the Trip price, but your reservation will remain fully refundable up to 72 hours (the “Hold Period”) to allow you time to review the Travel Agreement (see below).
|Signature Land Expeditions||Private Expeditions||Custom Expeditions||River Cruises|
|Approx. 10% of lowest published Trip price for each departure||10% of Trip price with some Trips requiring additional nonrefundable deposits to secure permits or internal airfare||20% of Trip price with some Trips requiring additional nonrefundable deposits to secure permits or internal airfare||Approx. 10% of lowest published Trip price for each departure|
13. FINAL PAYMENT DATES: The following are the final payment dates (“Final Payment Date”) by Trip type that apply, unless the reservation is made on or after the Final Payment Date, in which case 100% of the Trip price is required to be paid at the time of reservation:
|Signature Land Expeditions||Private Expeditions||Custom Expeditions||River Cruises|
|90 days prior to departure||90 days prior to departure||90 days prior to departure||120 days prior to departure|
Payments must be made by credit card, wire, or check. A Guest’s reservation may be canceled if full payment has not been received by the final payment date.
14. GUEST CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS: Failure to strictly comply with the deposit and final payment schedules, or any other applicable policies and procedures, will result in the automatic cancellation of pending reservations and applicable fees will be assessed.
You may cancel by telephone or in writing. The time of cancellation will be the date upon which we receive notice from you. Arriving late or leaving a Trip in progress, for any reason whatsoever, will not result in a refund, and no refunds will be made for any unused portions of a Trip.
Unless stated otherwise in your Guest Confirmation, the following cancellation policy shall apply:
Private Expeditions, Custom Expeditions, and Signature Land Expeditions:
|Days Prior to Trip Start||Fees (% of Trip price)|
|90 Days or More||Deposit and, if Hold Period applies, 100% of Trip price are nonrefundable after the earlier of (i) the end of the 14-day grace period, (ii) the Hold Period, or (iii) our receipt of your executed Travel Agreement|
|89 to 46 Days||50%|
|45 to 0 Days||100%|
|Days Prior to Trip Start||Fees (% of Trip price)|
|120 Days or More||Deposit and, if Hold Period applies, 100% of Trip price are nonrefundable after the earlier of (i) the end of the 14-day grace period, (ii) the Hold Period, or (iii) our receipt of your executed Travel Agreement|
|119 to 90 Days||50%|
|89 to 46 Days||75%|
|45 to 0 Days||100%|
Notwithstanding the above cancellation fee schedule: for reservations made subject to a Hold Period, any payments made shall be fully refundable during the Hold Period.
The cancellation fees set forth above shall apply irrespective of resale by us. Cancellation policy for group travel may vary. Please contact us or your travel agent, if applicable, for complete details.
15. PRE- AND POST-TRIP EXTENSIONS AND EXTRA ARRANGEMENTS: We recommend that you arrive a day or two prior to the start of your Trip to get acclimated and to allow for unexpected travel delays. Also, you may choose to stay a day or two after to extend your Trip on your own. Both pre- and post-stays are available at additional cost to you. Please contact us for price, details and availability, which are not guaranteed. On some Trips, airport meet & greet and hotel transfer services are available in connection with these additional days. Our special rates for these additional days are only available if booked through us in conjunction with a Trip and cannot be combined with any other offer. Canadian Guests please contact your travel agent.
The policies regarding deposits, payments, and cancellations for all Trips also apply to pre- and post-Trip extensions and hotel nights, and extra arrangements confirmed on any Guest’s behalf, unless otherwise noted. Any revisions made to the booking, such as a change in departure date or choice of Trip, are subject to the cancellation policy.
16. AIR TRAVEL: Neither we, the Tour Operator, Suppliers, nor any of their affiliates, will be liable for any air carrier's cancellation penalty incurred by the purchase of a nonrefundable ticket to or from the Guest’s Trip departure city. Any airline tickets issued are subject to the carrier’s refund policy. Baggage and personal effects are at all times the sole responsibility of the Guest.
17. ITINERARY MODIFICATIONS/OUR RIGHT TO CANCEL: We will make every reasonable effort to operate the Trips as advertised; however, we and Tour Operator reserve the right to curtail or modify the itinerary, including but not limited to curtailment or modification of Activities, hotels, meals, transportation, and Experts, as we deem necessary. Further we reserve the right to cancel the Trip or any Activity because of inadequate enrollment that makes any Trip or Activity economically infeasible to operate or because of good-faith concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of the Guests. Please also note that during certain holidays and peak periods or due to repairs or renovations, some Activities may be disrupted or unavailable. Deviations from planned Trip itineraries or any aspects of the travel may occur. If conditions make river cruise routes unsafe for navigation or in other respects, or raise sufficient doubt about safety, we and Tour Operator reserve the right to modify or provide alternate services, which may include, but are not limited to, providing accommodation on the docked ship or on land and/or substituting ground arrangements for river cruise transportation. We and Tour Operator further reserve the right to reduce the number of Experts, and to modify other services to accommodate a smaller group, if a minimum number of guests is not reached. Similarly, the stated group maximum size may be marginally exceeded if necessary to accommodate a family. None of these modifications or changes shall affect the Trip price or entitle you to any credit or refund.
We shall also have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, including, but not limited to prior disputed or suspected fraudulent payment transactions, to cancel from time to time any and all reservations, in whole or in part, and, in cases where we have received a valid and confirmed payment, we will provide a full refund.
We reserve the right to cancel any Trip because of inadequate enrollment that makes the Trip economically infeasible to operate or because of good-faith concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of the Guests. If we cancel a Trip prior to departure, the Guest will be provided with a full refund of monies paid; except in the event that the cancellation is due to a significant event that makes it infeasible to operate the Trip as planned, in which case the Guest will be provided with a refund and/or credit toward a future Trip equivalent to the amount paid.
If we or the Tour Operator cancels the Trip in progress, the Guests will receive a prorated refund based on the number of days not completed. If a Guest elects to leave a Trip in progress of their own volition, the Guest will not receive any type of refund. If we or the Tour Operator cancels the Trip in progress and the Guest elects not to immediately return to his/her original point of departure for the Trip, or if the Guest elects to leave a Trip in progress of their own volition, the Guest acknowledges and agrees that (i) the Guest shall be solely responsible for Guest’s travel plans once Guest departs the Trip, (ii) neither we nor the Tour Operator shall have any responsibility for or control over your safety or activities once you depart the Trip, and (iii) you will be solely responsible for any and all costs that may arise out of the your decision to not return to your original point of departure from the cancelled Trip in progress. Except as outlined above when we cancel a Trip, you will have full responsibility for any expenses, including any non-refundable expenses, incurred by you in preparing for a cancelled Trip or for any additional arrangements should you embark prior to the scheduled group departure date.
18. TRAVEL AGREEMENT: The General Release, COVID-19 Release, and Travel Agreement, which also incorporates these Terms and Conditions (the “Travel Agreement”) is an agreement containing a general release of liability, indemnity, assumption of risks and other provisions provided to you upon booking. You will be required to sign and return the Travel Agreement to us as soon as possible. If you choose not to execute the Travel Agreement, you have 14 calendar days after booking to cancel and receive a full refund of your deposit, or, if a Hold Period applies to your reservation, you have the Hold Period to cancel and receive a full refund of the Trip price, we strongly advise that you not make any non-cancelable commitments within 14 calendar days after booking, or during the Hold Period, as applicable. Once we receive your executed Travel Agreement, your deposit and other amounts paid are nonrefundable unless otherwise stated in your Guest Confirmation. If you do not return the Travel Agreement before departure, and are not within the refundable timeframes noted above, you will not be able to participate on the Trip and all amounts paid are nonrefundable unless otherwise stated in your Guest Confirmation.
19. FORCE MAJEURE: Neither we nor our corporate parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and assigns, employees, officers, directors, successors, representatives, agents, and independent supplies, will be held liable for any loss or damage due to delay, cancellation, or disruption in any manner caused by any of the following causes, to the extent beyond our reasonable control: acts of God, accidents, riots, wars, hostilities, blockages, revolutions, riots, insurrections, terrorist acts, epidemics or pandemics (including but not limited to COVID-19), quarantines, civil commotions, breakdown of communication facilities, natural catastrophes, governmental acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, labor strikes, fire, explosions, or sabotage.
20. NAME CHANGES/TRANSFERABILITY: Reservations and Trip components are non-transferable. We will make a reasonable effort to accommodate changes to guest names prior to departure provided that at least one member of the originally-booked party travels; however, we reserve the right to pass on to you any third party costs (such as from airlines or Suppliers (as defined herein)) we incur in so doing.
21. GOVERNMENTAL ADVISORIES/NECESSARY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: You are solely responsible for obtaining current travel advisories, warnings and requirements by contacting your travel agent, applicable embassies and consulates. We strongly encourage you to visit the U.S. State Department’s website at https://travel.state.gov and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov. Non-U.S. residents should consult the appropriate consulates regarding passport, visa and other document requirements. All Guests must have valid government-issued proof of citizenship to travel, in addition to any other requirements of the country of origin and countries visited. Those without proper documentation may be denied travel. In addition, you may be denied entry to the countries visited if they do not meet the country’s entry requirements. If you did not purchase air travel through us, you are solely responsible for notifying us of flight changes affecting your arrival or we will not be able to meet you at the specified arrival airport. Failure to obtain documents does not negate the Travel Agreement, and any extra costs incurred for rerouting due to travel without the necessary documents will be your responsibility.
You are solely responsible for obtaining any documents required for your participation on the Trip such as a valid passport, all visas, vaccination certificates, and any other documents which may be required by your itinerary or as required for traveling with minors.
22. GOVERNING LAW: YOU AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE WHATSOEVER (WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT OR BASED ON STATUTE) IN CONNECTION WITH, RELATED TO, OR ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM YOUR TRIP, YOUR PURCHASE OF A TRIP FROM US, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE TRAVEL AGREEMENT, OR ANY OTHER DOCUMENTATION RELATED TO YOUR TRIP SHALL BE DETERMINED EXCLUSIVELY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAWS PRINCIPLES. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE TRAVEL AGREEMENT AND ANY OTHER DOCUMENTATION RELATED TO YOUR TRIP SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE ENTERED INTO AND CONSUMMATED ENTIRELY IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA.
23. ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO TRIPS BOOKED THROUGH DISNEY VACATION CLUB: These additional terms apply to Trips booked through Disney Vacation Club (“DVC”). The above Terms and Conditions are applicable to the Trip identified in the confirmation booked through DVC and with respect to payments, deposits, and cancellations, for any direct bookings of a Trip or pre-and post-Trip bookings with us. Payments, deposits, and cancellation of a Trip booked directly with DVC by you is subject to the terms agreed upon by DVC and you.
24. ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO RIVER CRUISES: These additional terms apply to river cruises. Passenger Ticket Contract: The river cruise component of the river cruise Trips, including vessel, vessel amenities, food and beverages served thereon and vessel crew, is provided by a Supplier, AMAWaterways Gmbh (“AMA”). Prior to embarkation you will receive a Passenger Ticket Contract, which governs your relationship with AMA as a passenger on the river cruise vessel and establishes limits of liability, limits on claims and time limits for making claims, as well as other restrictions, limits and disclaimers limiting AMA's liability to you, which are wholly separate from, and independent of, these Terms and Conditions and the Travel Agreement, which govern your relationship with us and Tour Operator. Excursions: Certain excursions have limited capacity and are available to Guests on a first-come, first-served basis. As a result, we are unable to guarantee that each Guest will be able to participate in each excursion such Guest requests. Baggage: You may bring aboard the river cruise vessel, without additional charge, up to one (1) suitcase per person. Additional baggage will be subject to excess baggage charges.
25. UNITED STATES TOUR OPERATORS ASSOCIATION $1 MILLION TRAVELERS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: As an active member of USTOA, we are required to post $1 Million with USTOA to be used to reimburse, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the USTOA $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program, the advance payments of our customers in the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency or cessation of business. Further, you should understand that the $1 Million posted by us may be sufficient to provide only a partial recovery of the advance payments we have received. More details of the USTOA Travelers Assistance Program may be obtained by writing to USTOA at 345 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1801, New York, New York 10001, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting their website at www.USTOA.com.
26. TERMS SUBJECT TO CHANGE: These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice.