The world’s great rivers evoke a sense of romance and timelessness, linking grand cities, forgotten villages, and endless countryside. On a National Geographic River Cruise, a world-class ship is your base to explore historic waterways. Choose from a wide range of guided excursions every day, from hikes and bike rides to in-depth experiences that focus on the natural world, culture, and history. You’ll travel with a National Geographic expert, who will give talks on board and accompany daily outings; a National Geographic Photography Expert joins all European sailings to share tips on technique and artistry. Along the way, enjoy the utmost in all-inclusive service and amenities: personalized butler service, delectable meals served in a variety of dining venues, an open bar, wellness facilities, Wi-Fi, spacious suites and lounges, and so much more.
What can you expect when you travel on a National Geographic River Cruise?
- A National Geographic Expert, such as an archaeologist or conservationist, and a National Geographic Photography Expert, who enriches your experience with their knowledge and insights, will join every National Geographic River Cruise departure
- Special access to museums, sites, events, and experts in the field—including our own grantees, whose programs we visit whenever we can
- A seasoned Cruise Director who curates a personalized, seamless journey, as well as knowledgeable local guides who join us along the way
- Delectable meals served in a variety of venues
- Taxes, gratuities, and airport transfers are all included