Who We Are
National Geographic Travel is a multi-platform travel brand telling visually-driven, unexpected stories about the world. We provide travel information and inspiration found nowhere else, exposing people to new cultures and places.
What We Love
Travel oddities (Madame Tussaud Used Beheaded Politicians to Create Her Original Waxworks, Can You Pack a Mummified Head in Your Carry-On? Ask TSA., 10 of the World's Weirdest Museums, 7 Ancient Sites Some People Think Were Built by Aliens)
Visually surprising picture and video stories (Korea’s Heavily Armed Border Is Packed With Tourists, Life Aboard the Longest Train Ride Through India, Meet the Man Who Has Lived Alone on This Island for 28 Years, Watch a Wild Motorcycle Ride Across California's Stunning Landscapes)
Lesser-known cultural traditions (Look Inside Spain's Bizarre Baby Jumping Festival, The World's Largest Redhead Festival Was Founded by a Blonde)
Architectural sites with fascinating histories (Iceland's Turf Houses Merge Beautifully with Nature, This Ancient Mud Skyscraper City is the 'Manhattan of the Desert', This Massive Underground City is Filled With Wine, See the Full-Size Parthenon That Is Not in Greece)
Our current priorities right now (check back for updates).
- Experts to write fun guide pages with local tips for: Paris, Denver, Austin, Santa Barbara, Portland, Dallas, Savannah, and Phoenix
- Geographic diversity: pitches about South America, Middle East and Africa
- Short-form stories focused on surprising places (such as the doll hospital in Portugal, world's largest wine cellar in Moldova, or the least visited country in Europe)
What We Are Not Looking For
- Narratives, except for in rare cases
- Hotel or product reviews
- Food stories: We'll pass.
- Breaking news stories, unless there is a broader angle or deeper commentary on the subject
- Destinations or events without an angle—pitch stories, not topics
How to Get in Touch
- Don't include a manuscript, just send us a brief, well-researched paragraph about your idea(s).
- Include links and/or clips to your recent publications to show you are the right person for the job.
- We pay! We're happy to share details with writers, photographers, and videographers if your pitch is accepted.
- Due to volume of responses, we cannot provide feedback for every pitch.
- Send to TravelPitches@natgeo.com