Join National Geographic photographers Susan Seubert and Dan Westergren for a hands-on photography workshop amid Scottsdale's spectacular scenery. See how the pros explore a place visually, find the perfect lighting, and anticipate great moments as you engage in classroom sessions and field shooting.
What you will learn:
- How to tell a story with your photographs
- How to capture the moment and improve your photos
- How to best use composition and light
- Tips on using your camera
What do bring:
- All participants should bring a digital camera and laptop computer for downloading and editing photos taken in the field.
- You’ll stay at the Four Seasons Resort a luxury hotel nestled among the foothills of the visual beauty Pinnacle Peak.
Price and How To Register:
$1,699 per person (before February 15, 2018)
$1,899 per person (after February 15, 2018)
- Reserve your space here.
- You will only be charged a $500 initial deposit
- Price per person taking the workshop, single or double occupancy. Includes workshop, accommodations, most meals, transportation to and from field shooting locations. Airfare not included. Balance paid upon check-in at hotel. Cancellation policy: full refund of deposit until March 26, 2018. Deadline for registration is March 26, 2018.
Meet your photo instructors—National Geographic photographers Susan Seubert and Dan Westergren.
Susan Seubert // Award-winning travel and editorial photographer Susan Seubert has photographed more than 20 feature stories for National Geographic Traveler since joining the magazine as a contributor in 2004. Her subjects range from Canada to the Caribbean and Texas to Thailand. Her work has been recognized by the department of journalism at Columbia University with an Alfred Eisenstadt Award and most recently by the North American Travel Journalists Association for excellence in photography. In addition to being widely published and exhibited, she also lectures regularly about her work at such institutions as Harvard University and the Portland Art Museum. Susan travels throughout the world shooting a variety of subjects and specializes in capturing a sense of place through her wide ranging imagery. Susan's in-depth knowledge of digital technologies and her multimedia skills keep her at the cutting edge of visual storytelling.
Dan Westergren // As the longtime photo editor for National Geographic Traveler magazine, Dan Westergren was responsible for the magazine’s photographic vision, which has earned the publication numerous awards for photography. He's been lucky to photograph amazing places such as the summit of Mont Blanc and the North Pole, but often his subjects are just the neighborhood dogs or his kids in his hometown of Washington, D.C. Dan is an experienced teacher, having led workshops for National Geographic Expeditions in Washington, D.C., Santa Fe, Tuscany, Baja California, and the Galápagos Islands.