Top Five Adventures: Freeskier Jenn Berg’s Favorite Ski Spots
If you've seen any of the recent Warren Miller ski flicks, then you know Jenn Berg. She demonstrated her amazing big-mountain freeskiing skills in the last five films. She's also been in pretty much every skiing—you know in those photos that are both gorgeous and shocking at the same time? We asked the Utah resident and Mountain Hardwear athlete for her favorite ski spots to (hopefully) inspire your long-weekend plans.
Jenn Berg's Top Five Ski Spots
1. Alta and Snowbird, Utah – These mountains have the best snow in the world. They have open gates, so ski touring is always an option. Snowbird has a fast tram and the vert is unparalleled.
2. Alyeska Resort, Alaska – Huge terrain, low-key vibe. Remote, beautiful ALASKA! Ski-in, ski-out of town access.
3. Squaw Valley, California – Fun to rip around. Fast energy, that bounces around the ski resort. There's no backcountry access, so as a resort, it offers high-speed chairs and diverse terrain.
4. Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia – Huge acreage and the backcountry gates open to spectacular places.
5. Telluride, Colorado – Steep and beautiful. I love the ski-in ski-out of town option. Telluride feels like a real ski town.
- Nat Geo Expeditions