Subscribe for full access to read stories from National Geographic.
How the keto diet could be harmful to your health
SeaWorld violated the Animal Welfare Act. Why is it still open?
These 5 female spies helped win World War II
From Oscar-winning filmmakers Chai Vasarhelyi and Jimmy Chin, Wild Life follows conservationist Kris Tompkins on an epic, decades-spanning love story as wild as the landscapes she dedicated her life to protecting.WATCH NOW
Discover More on Disney+See Shows
Nat Geo TV
Canada's greatest natural wonders: what not to miss
A wild journey through Oman, from summit to sea
5 new things to do for families on the British coast
- She sails the seas without maps or compassesShe sails the seas without maps or compasses
- How Anne Frank’s diary survivedHow Anne Frank’s diary survived
- The dark reality behind India’s festival elephantsThe dark reality behind India’s festival elephants
- What will it take to save the Savanna Elephant?What will it take to save the Savanna Elephant?
- The woman who knows what elephants are sayingThe woman who knows what elephants are saying
- Exploring Ramadan and Earthlike exoplanetsExploring Ramadan and Earthlike exoplanets
- From the Frontlines to the ShorelinesFrom the Frontlines to the Shorelines
- Can You Picture That? This Photographer Can and DoesCan You Picture That? This Photographer Can and Does
- Scenes from Nigeria's baby boomScenes from Nigeria's baby boom
- What women in China wantWhat women in China want
May 2023 Issue
Subscribe to see the stories from National Geographic magazine
In This Issue
The secret superpowers of elephants, in stop motion
Kosovo wants to decide its future—but will history hold it back?
These Native Americans were taken from their families as children
Behold the surreal magic and mystery of slime molds
Enter the weird world of the echidna—a mammal in a category all its own