Subscribe for full access to read stories from National Geographic.
Every season actually begins twice—here’s why
Why 4 dead California sea otters have scientists so alarmed
Is banning fishing bad for fishermen? Not in this marine reserve
Dust storms are getting worse—here’s why they’re so destructive
From Oscar-winning filmmakers Chai Vasarhelyi and Jimmy Chin, Wild Life follows conservationist Kris Tompkins on an epic, decades-spanning love story as wild as the landscapes she dedicated her life to protecting.WATCH NOW
Discover More on Disney+See Shows
Nat Geo TV
Is America’s first wilderness area still wild at heart?
A UK break in Falmouth, Cornwall's maritime boomtown
Canada's greatest natural wonders: what not to miss
A wild journey through Oman, from summit to sea
- She sails the seas without maps or compassesShe sails the seas without maps or compasses
- How Anne Frank’s diary survivedHow Anne Frank’s diary survived
- The dark reality behind India’s festival elephantsThe dark reality behind India’s festival elephants
- What will it take to save the Savanna Elephant?What will it take to save the Savanna Elephant?
- The woman who knows what elephants are sayingThe woman who knows what elephants are saying
- Exploring Ramadan and Earthlike exoplanetsExploring Ramadan and Earthlike exoplanets
- From the Frontlines to the ShorelinesFrom the Frontlines to the Shorelines
- Can You Picture That? This Photographer Can and DoesCan You Picture That? This Photographer Can and Does
- Scenes from Nigeria's baby boomScenes from Nigeria's baby boom
- What women in China wantWhat women in China want
June 2023 Issue
Subscribe to see the stories from National Geographic magazine
In This Issue
These violent undersea volcanoes harbor a secret: life
How did ancient cultures discover iron? It fell from the sky.
A 'women-only' village? The truth is much more complex
Explore 13,000 years of human history on this remote California island
A Q&A with Nikole Hannah-Jones on ‘The 1619 Project’