Top Ten Fall Foliage Drives
There’s a chill in the air, the kids are back to school, and you’re packing up your summer clothes. Fall is fast approaching, and with it comes the opportunity to take in nature’s kaleidoscope of colors.
But where should you go? Thankfully, the National Geographic Guide to Scenic Highways & Byways has pulled together a great list of routes where you take in all of autumn’s glory, and if you order the book now, you’ll receive a 20 percent discount. Check out their top ten list of routes, and read the complete driving details here.
2. Three Rivers Scenic Drive, New Hampshire
3. Mohawk Trail Drive, Massachusetts
4. Rhode Island 77, Rhode Island
5. Canaan Valley Byway, Virginia & West Virginia
6. Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia & North Carolina
7. Wetlands and Wildlife Scenic Byway, Kansas
8. Talimena Scenic Drive, Oklahoma & Arkansas
- Nat Geo Expeditions
10. Avenue of the Giants, California
Have another great autumn drive? Let us know in the comments below. And visit our Drives of Lifetime for more outstanding routes.
Photo: George Burba/iStockphoto.com