Free Activities for 48 Hours on Zozi.com
We’ve become accustomed to using the Internet in certain ways when booking travel. For me, I go to Kayak.com when searching for a flight. I always check out my hotel on TripAdvisor for its reviews before booking. But when it comes to booking activities for my trip, I’m always a little bit at my wit’s end.
So anyone who’s navigated a dodgy tour site or is tired of the same lame activity offerings will find the new site Zozi.com incredibly rewarding. Particularly today and tomorrow, while they’re giving away $500,000 in free activities to coincide with their launch of 16 city sites. They’re planning to give away over 10,000 activities in the next 48 hours.
Zozi is in many ways like the group buying sites Groupon or Living Social, in that they negotiate steep discounts for activities based on the number of people who sign up to purchase them. How they’re different though, it that they’re geared toward travelers, and they’ve managed to create exclusive opportunities with many of the operators that aren’t available elsewhere. They also plan to begin offering an extensive list of activities and experiential offerings on their “Find and Book” site for an ever-expanding list of cities.
“People should really be able to find and book experiences, either locally or when you go travel somewhere,” says Daniel Gruneberg, co-founder of the site. “Even knowing that these types of activities exist is tough.” He and founder and CEO TJ Sassani say they’re trying to break the “theme-park habit” and zozi’s goal is to encourage people to try new things, be it locally or wherever they travel. Their team not only identifies unique offerings in different cities, but each company is vetted, and you can purchase and book everything through the site.
So far, functionality seems to be working well on the site, but I think the deals may be going quick. For a list of free offerings in your area, click through to the jump.
- Nat Geo Expeditions
- Atlanta (cocktails and canvas two-hour painting class – $12)
- Austin (explore Austin – bike or kayak rental – $11)
- Boston (canoe, kayak or stand-up paddleboard rental – $15)
- Chicago (two Zumba dance classes and one after dark dance party – $25)
- Dallas (one month of unlimited yoga – $29)
- Denver (white water rafting with Lakota Guides – $39)
- Los Angeles (rock climbing class and one week pass – $20)
- New York (Delaware River tubing – $14)
- Orange County (whale and dolphin watching cruise – $15)
- Portland (one full month of fitness boot camp – $39)
- Salt Lake City (half day biking trip in Moab – $45)
- San Diego (two-hour water sport rental – $23)
- San Francisco (Kayaking in Sausalito – $19)
- San Jose (kayaking in Half Moon Bay – $19)
- Seattle (one month of unlimited Yoga – $20)
- Washington D.C. (two hour stand-up paddleboard rental – $16)