For those of you who are paying attention, we’re switching it up. A more robust Radar — the best of the travel blogosphere — will now be a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday. You can play, too. Follow us on Twitter @NatGeoTraveler and tag your favorite travel stories #ngtradar to help us find the crème de la crème on the web. Here’s this week’s:
- If you think Sri Lanka seems expensive compared to its neighboring countries…you’d be right. Here’s how to see this south Asian gem on the cheap. [As We Travel]
- Road trips give you the freedom to explore the ins and outs of a place. Check out this tried-and-true route for the ultimate Down Under adventure. [Wild Junket]
- At NatGeo, we know how important photography is to good storytelling, and Instagram is another arrow in any traveler’s quiver. See Portugal through this blogger’s lens. [Legal Nomads]
- Spending less than two days at a destination can put even the most experienced traveler in a bind. If you’re making a pit stop in Siena, Italy, here’s how to maximize your time. [NY Times]
- Which country has great food, warm people, great boutiques, volcanoes and beaches, and a burgeoning craft-beer scene? Welcome to El Salvador. [Trans-Americas Journey]
Got Radar? Follow us on Twitter @NatGeoTraveler and tag your favorite travel stories from the web #ngtradar. Check back on the blog on Wednesdays for our roundups.
- Nat Geo Expeditions