The Radar: Travel Lately
The Radar – the best of the travel blogosphere – is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
You can play, too. Follow us on Twitter @NatGeoTraveler and tag your favorite travel stories #NGTRadar to help us find the crème de la crème on the web.
Here’s this week’s:
- Happy National Park Week! From Acadia to Zion, America’s national parks are as diverse as the country itself. Celebrate their beauty with a (free) visit to a park near you. Or take a trip to one of these lesser known gems. @spencerspellman
- We all know the feeling of insatiable hunger in a foreign land, without a clue about what to eat or where to get it. For travelers in Japan, fear not. With this guide to Japanese cuisine, you’ll be refueled and on the road in no time. @CuriousLanguage
- So you’ve seen Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, but just can’t get enough of Cambodia? For those of you who are looking for a more laid-back, local experience, try Battambang, “a sleepy little city” in the northeast that’s well worth the trek. @BackPackingTB
- Say it once and you’ll probably burst into the chorus of that oh-so-catchy Beach Boys tune. But there are other reasons to go to Bermuda — or 42 according to this blogger. @LandLopers
- Between Australia and Fiji lies a magical realm called Melanesia. This collection of islands, which includes Papua New Guinea and the Solomons, has many secrets waiting to be discovered — including perfectly surf-able waves. @MatadorNetwork
Got Radar? Follow us on Twitter @NatGeoTraveler and tag your favorite travel stories from the web #NGTRadar. Then check back on Wednesdays for our Travel Lately roundup.
- Nat Geo Expeditions
Book your next trip with Peace of Mind