The Radar: Travel Lately
The Radar – the best of the travel blogosphere – is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
You can play, too. Follow us on Twitter @NatGeoTraveler and tag your favorite travel stories #NGTRadar to help us find the crème de la crème on the Web.
Here’s this week’s:
- You may have never have heard of Tra Que (a short bicycle ride from Hoi An in Vietnam), but you might want to visit after reading this description: “peaceful oasis where herbs grow in neat rows and where farmers work the land by hand.” @thatbackpacker
- What’s it like to spend the day at the Indianapolis 500, the “greatest spectacle in racing”? Read this blog post from Bohemian Trails to find out. @BohemianTrails
- Transylvania may be famous for inspiring the vampire craze, but this oft-overlooked region in central Romania has another claim to fame: as a case study in how globalization is changing eastern Europe. @EuropeUpClose
- The Dominican Republic may be known for all-inclusive resorts, but it also has some of the most pristine natural areas in the Caribbean. Exhibit A: Los Haitises National Park. @JohnnyJet
- Do you dream of flying to Italy and wending your way around the famous boot from one town to the next? Here are 25 ways to get an ultra-local experience while you’re there. (Our favorite? Harvesting truffles in Umbria.) @TheCultureist
Got Radar? Follow us on Twitter @NatGeoTraveler and tag your favorite travel stories from the Web #NGTRadar. Then check back on Wednesdays for our Travel Lately roundup.
- Nat Geo Expeditions
Book your next trip with Peace of Mind