Have you been following along with our digital nomad Andrew Evans as he explores Ontario? If not, catch up with him on Twitter at @WheresAndrew and on his Digital Nomad blog. In the past two weeks he’s:
- tweeted from a WWII Lancaster bomber (right), one of only two still flying
- video-blogged his camping trip in Bronte Creek Regional Park, complete with tweeted toasted marshmallows & ghost stories
- photographed Niagara Falls from a helicopter
- blogged his visit to the home of Alexander Graham Bell where the first telephone call was made, & tromped through mud & nettles to find AGB’s “Dreaming Place”
- photo-tweeted an elegant 7-course dinner in Toronto
- met some hipsters in Yorkville
- organized a @WheresAndrew tweetup in Toronto and met several of his devoted followers
One of his followers commented:
Here are a few of our favorite tweets from his recent adventures:
At CN Tower, little boy in line: “. . And then once you get to the top, you just jump, WEEEE!” Pause. Little sister responds, “Sounds fun!”
Niagara-on-the-Lake is the kind of place where if you swing a cat, you’re bound to hit an ice cream shop, real estate office or an actor.
Forgot to warn employees of House of Dracula that if punched in the dark, I fight back. One of them swears at me. Like I said: I’m hardcore.
- Nat Geo Expeditions
Staring at the American Falls, which are too often overlooked: http://twitpic.com/5esf3t If it was in Oklahoma, it’d get more attention.
Cue Aladdin soundtrack “A Whole New World!” (incidentally, theme of my prom) RT @USelaine: I’m beginning to think you travel by magic carpet
Cheese made by French-speaking monks, what’s not to love? A musty, serious cheese–“The Thinker” in a bowler hat. Delish.
“Don’t keep forever on the public road going only where others have gone” http://twitpic.com/5dwe6s Great quote from Alexander Graham Bell.