SUMMER’S FAN-FAVORITE EVENT IS HERE
5 weeks. 2 networks. 17 premieres. 100+ hours of shark entertainment.
Showcasing the ocean’s greatest competitors in their natural habitat, the eighth annual SHARKFEST kicks off Sunday, July 19, on National Geographic. SHARKFEST dominates with FIVE full weeks of entertaining, heart-pounding content, highlighting important shark research and conservation efforts with innovative, informative specials every night.
National Geographic not only celebrates these amazing predators through our annual television event, but also funds the best scientists and storytellers from around the world to protect sharks and their ocean home through the National Geographic Society’s grants and the Pristine Seas project.
National Geographic TV subscribers can stream the latest from SHARKFEST here!
Dive in by watching the trailer
Heroes of the Oceans
National Geographic Explorers working to safeguard sharks
- Creating safe havens for sharksCreating safe havens for sharks
- Shining a light on sharks: a perfect blend of grace and powerShining a light on sharks: a perfect blend of grace and power
- Showing that sharks are worth more alive than deadShowing that sharks are worth more alive than dead
- Combining science and SCUBA to study shark behaviorCombining science and SCUBA to study shark behavior
- Saving sharks and inspiring the next generationSaving sharks and inspiring the next generation
- Protecting sharks from plastic pollution in the GalapagosProtecting sharks from plastic pollution in the Galapagos
Learn More About Sharks
Fun Facts and Activities for Kids
Plunge Into These Videos
Sharks are smart, sleek and totally misunderstood. Discover what they eat, how they spot prey, their sense of smell and other cool facts you didn’t know about sharks on this episode of Things You Wanna Know.